Find out what happens when four people from the UK deliver a 4x4 to Afghanistan by road!

Thursday 3 June 2010

Post Script - Latvia


Jo Dew-Jones:

Here it is then - the transit lounge in Riga Airport, on what is my first visit to the wonderful nation of Lativa. First impressions are highly favourable - the sun is out, and the tarmac laid out on the runway before me seems good quality indeed.

It is approaching 9am in Tashkent which is certainly a reasonable hour to be awake - that is, however, if one wasn't up until 3am for flight-catching purposes, and has had about 3 hours sleep since. Having said that, under the general chaos at Tashkent Airport there was some degree of organisation and everything went smoothly. 5 hours till my next flight.

The others will be getting up soon - Team A must continue! It's going to be such an interesting couple of weeks for them, especially as plans will only finalise as they go along due to monitoring security of the Afghan roads. I will be eagerly watching our for the blogs, now I am back on the other side!

Time for a final poem, surely...

So Long, Farewell, Auf Wiedersehn, Adieu

The time has come to pen
My final verse, and then
It's home for me again
That green and pleasant land.

It's been a month almost,
In which I've seen a host
Of lands - not coast to coast
But wide-ranged all the same!

I know I'm very blessed
To have had trip success -
I'm thinking of the rest:
Go Suzie! Go Team A!

No comments:

Post a Comment